Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Monday, August 22, 2005

This 'Interweb thing' is back!

Hooray, praise God, jump for joy! The internet is stable on my computer! I employed a handy technique I've learned at LFR this summer: if it doesn't work, JIGGLE IT. That proved highly effective for a computer too, evidently. See, a certain pesty code in Windows XP called 'lsass.exe' liked to shut down whenever an internet connection was established, and that code is important enough to require an entire system restart, so Windows thinks. I got into msconfig and spent about an hour jiggling Windows into submission--and now here I am! I was finally able to see Elmo's email, send my letter to Angela and, moreover, avoid having to format my computer.
I've grown up alot socially since Jode. I've learned from various connected circumstances that
1: communication is the key
2: if one is attracted to another physically, spiritually and intellectually, watch out; the heart will be the next to yearn for that person. find out if you can allow the heart to crave after her.
3: somehow, a girl adds life to a guy. I ought to have stopped it before i got addicted to the feeling. I'm getting over Jode now. I'm beginning to see the world for its natural beauty again rather than seeing how bright she made it appear.
4: Emotion flows in and flees in time. After the emotion is over, what sort of woman will i end up with? What will really matter after the level of love(eros) i lived on thins out and vanishes? I need to have and stick to standards in respect to choosing a wife. i think those are important and perfectly valid. would God have us step down from our standards which we drew through hard thought and prayer when we meet a girl who we feel is perfect but does not measure up to our concrete 'wish list?' "maybe i was wrong," i thought when Jode was around. The truth was that my emotions were wrong. Now that i am not carried off by my feelings, I still want the same girl i described in my wish list. Not Jode. When my emotions are through with their splurge, what woman will be left? If she is the one my heart and mind want together, then she'll be the right one.
5: find the partner with whom you can serve God better than you can alone.

Jared needs to use the computer now. And i'll gladly hand it over. I'm so happy to have the internet finally! God bless my computer so that it holds on to the Web.

Radar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home