Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Only God knew

Amazing evidence of God's loving soverienty still pop up from behind the curtain of time. in so many of my days in Alaska, i conclude without a doubt that my schedule was laid out by God himself. So i've added to my everyday prayers, 'Lord, make my schedule for me today." Today was another instance of that.
Remember my blog from yesterday in which i expressed my bummed-out mood. I was just wishing that Monday wouldn't have transpired the way it did. MY will surely wasn't done, but today unfolded, my eyes were opened to see God's better, loving will was in action. I'm listening to the song Protest to Praise by Downhere at the moment, and it's appropriate for my state of mind. I was certainly in protest from Monday, but now i'm turned around to an enthusiastic attitude of praise and celebration of His works.
So here's what happened, save some uncomely details. On Monday night, my #3 flight student and i came back home without a white slip in his bag. Failed checkride. Bummer. I crashed on my bed as soon as i could, and i grabbed myself some eleven hours of sleep. I woke up with an unusual and annoying pain on my 'sitter. In short, that pain was coming from a pola-somethin cyst that grew there overnight. I endured great pain in sitting, walking, and lying on my back. I certainly had an issue at hand. Since Brian initially scheduled his departure to be Tuesday at 8, he decided to reschedule for a Thursday flight since staying around and retaking the test was the best thing to do. Dwayne called Michael and got another checkride for Brian to take place today at 1 PM.
This morning came around, and the pain on my 'sitter didn't lapse; it intensified. I woke before my alarm and from that moment was highly motivated to get the cyst off of me. I arranged an appointment with a physician in Anchorage who was near the airport, accepted my insurance policy, and could see me at 2:30. Great; while Brian was in his checkride, i could walk to the office. But the scenario improved! Sam heard about my intentions, and he called up Danae, his girlfriend, who then called me and offered me a ride to the doctor's office. So, the transportation, the time and the money was all worked out. That's not all, though. Things are about to get better.
The doctor put needles and incisions in no man's land and got the job done, much to my releif. Though i didn't have my insurance card, they still accepted just my number and i paid $60, only 20% of the total cost. I also got a perscription for antibiotics and a nicotine-powered pain killer, which i was more than eager to get into my system, as the squirt that numbed me up was losing potency. I told my new Private Pilot Brian that i could use a stop at Fred Meyer to pick up my perscription, and he replied, "yeah, I have to go into Palmer, too, to get ice cream...from Fred Meyer."
Wow, God, what amazing things You do! He knew the infection developing in my body. He knew i needed to get it treated. He knew how to see that job through!
He also knew that both Brian and I needed to learn VORs and the E6B intimately, and that i needed the multitude of lessons I took away from Monday.
Blessings in disguise.
"And let patience (perseverance) have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." James 1:4
After today, i rest content in spirit and sit comfortably on the inflatable therapeudic donut graciously donated this morning by Dwayne.

"The best thing about getting shot in the buttocks is that you get all of the ice cream you want."-Forrest Gump

Time to have some ice cream. Congratulations, Brian. Way to go, Lord.

Radar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home