Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas, everyone

And a very good one, too! I recieved so many gifts i neither expected nor deserved, and I am humbled by this because honestly i've been very busy feeling self-conscious and selfish recently. My heart groans within me for it, and i wish i could shake it off. But at this time, as God develops patience in me, i have very little wherewithal to be anything more than selfish with all but my time. I thank God, however, for showering grace on me during my season of needing not only money but something more . He's given me the words "you are loved."
Saturday night, a best friend from high school invited me to his sister's house for their Christmas eve gathering. And guess what they had for me? Not just food and friendship but presents! My friend, his two sisters and mother all gave me a little gift for just being there. Imagine melancholy me, melting into childlike excitement all over again.
At church, Isaac Judd played the piano, Laura Thomas sang, and Pastor Wingate gave an outstanding message not on Christ's birth but on what He did for us. That's a lineup of talent and ministering that I value greatly, and I wish it could happen more than once a year.
Then this afternoon after church, I went to another longtime friend's house as per their invitation, and again i was surprised by their gift -- a $40 gas card. In the afternoon came an enormous dinner with the best roasted turkey i'd ever had. Afterward, lazy and tired, most of us lay in front of the TV and watched the Bears win over the Packers 34-27. More sweets, card games, a nap and a Jumanji movie later, i finally left at midnight, but not without another invitation to have dinner with them again Monday.
So when I got home just 1/2 an hour ago, i discovered that two of my teachers from college wrote me back an email and that Bekah wrote me a thorough 1st letter, too.
And I got to talk to Abby on the phone for 4 minutes- another gift. Wow, that's a big collection of Christmas presents!

now for a couple notes from today that i may but most likely will not expound on later.
"Christmas is a sad time because many people discover just how lonely they are" - Heather
"He needs to stop playing this mind game of "i'm am" and "I'm not." -football commentator on Brett Favre
"I am where I am, so I am what i am." - me
"Ironic--the call letters of Champaign's christian radio station WBGL spell out the consonants in her name. Now I know what i'm going to think about every time i listen to that station." --me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home