Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Monday, January 30, 2006

Addictions and Names

I'm reading one of the best books ever. It is to me, at least. Donald Miller's Blue Like Jazz speaks directly to my experience, and i'm gonna tell the girl who thinks she likes me to read pages A-B, C-D and etc to get the scoop on my brain waves. Anyway, he brought up the great point that Satan's device is to fixate our attention onto meaningless things for meaningless reasons.
Along those lines is our addictions. I feel three addictions inside me:
Addiction to self
Addiction to stuff
Addiction to sin

Being good is hard.

Unfitting with the context, but just for the record, i would like to share the preferred names for my daughter(s), although that time is not until the distant future. Here they are:

Grace
Tilly
Eliane
Gabriane

as you can tell, i'm not making plans for a boy as of yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger bajema said...

that is a good book, glad you're really digging it. it started me down a new road of books and ways for thinking. when you're done, check out millers other books, and i would also really recommend "a new kind of christian" by brian mclaren.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Elmo said...

I can't type now- Mark is sleeping.
BUT- I will say that I, too, am reading that book. He writes how I sometimes think. Short, choppy thoughts... Some are profound, others are profoundly obvious.
I apparently haven't gotten as far as you have. But I agree with what was stated.

PLEASE pray for Zack Saint- he's getting worse.
www.zacksaint.com

In other areas of request, I have found a ticket for Mark to go to PANC that meets the two principle requirements: price and convenience.
But now it needs prayer- first, that the price will stay available while the second request happens. Second, that Dwayne will hurry up and send Mark an application (he's taking applications this year, but hasn't even made them yet). And that he'll hurry up and say yes when Mark applies.

Naming kids? I have already chosen names. I am going with "L" names, in the following order:
Luke, Laura, Levi, Lindsey.

My wife will probably hate that idea.

Have a good Thursday.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home