Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Friday, February 10, 2006

School

Last night, i was struck with the reality that i'm not out of school yet. My knowledge and skills are being constantly challenged and grown. After i graduated from LeTourneau, I got to learn flying in Alaska. Then I got to learn working in a landscape business. Then I got to learn pipeline patrol flying. Then playing wedding music on the piano and violin. Then demolition and restoration of old houses. Then CopyMax.
The trend is far from ending. Later i'll need to learn my next aviation work and each airplane and student involved. That verse from Proverbs i posted two weeks ago comes to mind. The one about getting instruction and finding life. I'm getting instruction from so many angles. But i'm concerned that i don't get enough time or practice with each so that i can settle into them. I can do alot of stuff, that's true, but the feeling of mediocrity haunts me constantly. I wonder what it's like to have my efforts channeled into two or three responsibilities and become good at them like Angela, Brian and Abby do. I have a notion that that day is coming: for everything there is a season.
Learning all the time does not come without guilt. I sympathize for those people and projects I err and learn from because i know they deserve better.

Positive quote of the day

What's the use of worrying?
It never was worth while.
So, pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag,
And smile, smile, smile.
-George Asaf (George H. Powell)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Jumper said...

I've been feeling the same way about my schooling. I think that when you get the job you're supposed to have, you'll love it. And, you'll be able to spend loads of time doing it.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home