Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Weekend notes

Saturday: basically bummed around and wasted time. slept in, watched TV, didn't go outside and pitch b/c it was 25 degrees before windchill, looked at cars and shopped for food with Dad. Called Mr. Bitikofer and got news that the instructor approval should come through this week.

Dealing with some heavy personal/spiritual issues. I was up til 2:30 AM in the issue and deliberating, praying, and writing about it. It's one i have the greatest hesitation to bring before my friends and advisors because of the shock value it may impart. This is when i affirm Randy's conclusion that our best friends need to be those of like gender. Even then, it's hard to bring before a guy.
Last night i asked God to help me write in my journal, for my words were few. A spark came, and eventually i scribbled this at 2AM while half asleep and half awake:

1. Seek the Kingdom of God
2. Make the truth of God applicable to your life
3. Align priorities and be faithful to them
----If a choice threatens to collapse one of the three preoccupations above, it is not God's will -----

Sunday:
went on a date this afternoon. Not a DATE date, though. Sunghee and i spent the afternoon playing the piano then went to a Mozart music concert then to Starbuck's for a coffee. i payed for coffee and she payed for the concert. she likes to talk about American culture and people here. per my request, she contributed some constructive criticizm toward my playing. She would like my composure to be more relaxed and for my Classical genre pieces to sound more "attractive." Even with her limited range and understanding of English vocabulary, that advice was profound. she proposed that we have a lesson sometime.
Spent the Superbowl at DJ's house. Angela called me, but i missed her. I listened to only a part of her message. Perhaps i ought to have listened to all because she didn't answer my followup call just minutes after her own. Then i called Michael Field and arranged for a visit with him and Ellen on Wednesday evening, after over a month of not seeing them.
blablabla, too late to write any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home