Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Thursday, March 23, 2006

how things are going

I haven't written about this week at all, and alot has happened along the way. Since i'm feeling overwhelmed by the thought of sharing details, here's the basics of what this week has entailed. Monday: First multiengine block in ten days; my student and i were both making little errors in judgment and procedure, but we concurred to just get over it emotionally and trust that we're better in the long run. After we landed, a pair of A-10 Warthogs

landed and taxiied to the main airport terminal where Stebbins FBO is. I promptly drove over there after work and watched one of the A-10s take off and talked to the pilot of the other. He walked me up to his plane and let me look in the cockpit and got pictures there and by the gun. The A-10 is one of my fantasy aircraft; i.e. one i covet most to fly, and to see my first live one was quite a thrill!

Tuesday:Taught the Flight Science 1 lab from 3-5; that was fun.

Had dinner with close friend Michael Cross and had one of the most profound and heart-to-heart conversations of the year. i remember it so vividly now, too. In short, Michael has a relationship with a girl named Annie, and he and she are a love story written by God. I mean,almost every part of it is perfect, for she is his resolution to all his life's wondering and waiting and preparing. She's made for him. He cannot wait to "walk off that podium into that lovely woman's arms."

Went to our CFI meeting then played racquetball with Usen for an hour and worked out til 10.

Wednesday: Virtually a day off except for FS1 lab. Felt dozy through it

Today: sat in a ground block with one of my students and flew touch-and-goes with another for an hour. She's close to getting her feel for landings. I had a great time teaching today's FS1 lab. Tonight David invited me to dinner with his family and Randy. Joe's diner, we're coming hungry!

2 Comments:

Blogger Elmo said...

Enjoyed dinner.
Have a good Friday!!!
R

9:54 PM  
Blogger Ben Jumper said...

But wait! Why were the A-10s there?

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home