Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Saturday, March 18, 2006

I bade 'em good-by, but i can't


it was a summer filled to the brim of enchantment, delight and charm, and hardly anyone can appreciate the pictures, the words and the videos we have to remember it by except the blessed few who were actually there. Only we were surrounded by the wonder and beauty of that summer, and only our hearts were penetrated by that ever-present purity of a place set apart by God to testify of His magnificience and glory. The words of Downhere's Great Are You ring in my ears as i glance at the two-dimensional captures of unrepeatable yesterdays. "It makes me wonder, Who am I? Who am I? and great are You."

There God embraced me and showed me what He wants me to keep doing throughout my life. He wants to consume my purposes in His, and He is a dauntless pursuer of my attention, my heart, my love. He knows what satisfies me, and He brings me to those pleasures. Even when i feel torn from what i thought was good for me, he softly grasps my clawing, straining hand and comforts me enroute to His next big plans for this precious child of His.

Yes, he knows what satisfies me, what speaks to me and what solaces me. He brings me to all the right places, and each He has prepared for me.

Alaska bumped up my capacity for thrills, adventure, romance and worship far beyond what I had in the lower 48, and sometimes i appeal to have her back when the times here are droll and hollow. If one could see into my heart, you may think that i crave in excess the dangers, high of emotion, richness of fun that i learned there. Inside is a yearning to flourish, but i know that i may get to be that way only in Alaska.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home