Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Learjet school end day 4

today I settled in to the fact that the learning curve just keeps going up and up, and I'm doing all I can do to merely lift my eyes to the new realm in which I now reside. Classroom hours added to the list of systems and acronyms that are all new to me, and the simulator session put me further under the deluge of new sights, new perceptions and new expectations of this amazing machine.
This airplane goes 300 knots indicated airspeed in a climb, 500 knots ground speed in cruise, and in a descent, watch out-the 250 knot speed limit under 10,000' is contrary to what the jet really wants to do. And if you carry too much speed into final approach for a landing, forget it- flaps out and power idle will not subtract enough energy to slow you down. The cleanness of this machine is incomparable to anything I've flown.
I'm finding in this day the necessity that I shun my attempts to associate what I know with what I need to absorb this week. The KingAir is so vastly different that my trying to relate the KingAir to the Lear is ultimately unfruitful. My mindset must be transformed and conformed to the new subject, and I must pursue not only to be adequate, but to be expert.
I've got a long way til then, but every long way is traversed by small steps. 
As Usen said tonight, "keep on truckin'! "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home