Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Friday, May 01, 2015

Learjet school end day 5

The first Friday of training came to quite a remarkable conclusion.
My systems integration session (in which we sit in the simulator and fly the plane with motion off) wasn't as sharp and sweet as I expected of myself. I felt something were necessary to help me step up my game, so I peeked at the LR75 sim schedule for the rest of the day and saw there was a pair of pilots scheduled to start  shortly after me. So I went to eat at my room and returned early enough to catch the sim session start - except they started early. So I bided the time studying the pneumatic system and think I mastered that system. Then the guys came out on break, and I was able to get in on their next session.
I paid attention to every detail I could and took detailed notes of what I noticed. These two guys were truly professionals and highly impressive. I certainly haven't seen s higher caliber of airmanship in a simulator before. The most difficult failures to deal with were thrown at these guys:
-engine runaway after V1 followed by full failure
-Dual generator fail AND GDU fail, ILS approach on the "peanut gauge"
-elevator jam AND aileron jam AND spoiler fail up
-hydraulic fluid low leading to flaps up landing

These gentlemen were outstanding pilots, and I'm glad I got to shadow them tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home