Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Too quickly spoken

As i sat across from Brian on Monday afternoon in the student lounge at UAA, i told him, headache festering, "I've never been so sick this summer so much as to lay in bed all day; i think i'm the only one to have avoided bad illness." Shouldn't have spoken so fast.
My antibiotics and nicotine-powered pain killer and the subsequent surgery have really knocked me down. Any strain on my body gives me dizziness and a headache, and of course that wierd pain smarts me whether sitting or moving or walking. I'm quite pathetic, for sure, and semi-useless.
I often speak before i ought to. i was reminded of that today.
Stephanie Gates planted a quote in my mind that i was close to beleiving as valid. It goes, "Speak of things that are not as though they are." This is a reflection of faith in one's ultimate destiny, but can it be applied to the lesser things of life? Take, for instance, "you're going to pass your checkride because you've worked hard and you have a good instructor." That's what i heard this weekend as Brian was awating his checkride. And that's what i said myself. Speak of what is not as though it is, right?! What good are words if they do not come true? Isn't that what we call futility?
---
i know i've not fulfilled my promise to copy my poem of Alaska. I'm too lazy to get up and get it now. Forgive me. At least you'll have anticipation to see it in the future.
--
My friends go back to school next week. The best friend i made during this summer went back today. We talked for an hour yesterday but we had to stop then because he had to keep packing. Some three more things we had to talk about still, and all that will come in the future. A great element of a good friendship is the conversation that seems to never end; just interrupted by all sorts of things. but even the interruptions build the friendship because they add more to talk about.

Radar

1 Comments:

Blogger Elmo said...

Sorry to hear you're under the weather; a get-well call is on its way in five...
four...
three...
two...
SEND...

you didn't answer.
Oh well, that's okay. You might be sleeping.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home