Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Monday, December 26, 2005

The thing with the Brew

Along with the physical exhilaration of caffeine, on the few days when I do drink coffee, my thoughts are sent almost always into overdrive. Such is this moment, so before I go to see my grandparents, i need to peck out these ideas because they are as bothersome as they are useful at this moment.
One healthy component of a relationship, as I remember from Warren's book, is that the two in the relationship can admit to each other, "When you do X, I feel Y because Z." I a'm feeling Y right now, but i don't know whether i ought to approach the individual about it. So, while i'm contemplating what to do, i may as well get it out in writing.
When you say that you'll do X if you have time, I feel I and our friendship are simply inconvenient for you because 'if i have time' is the same thing as saying 'if i want to use my time that way.' If our friendship is inconvenient- if it is something you have to happen to feel good about to participate - then please say so. I don't want to be a wedge between you and the rest of what you want to do. I love knowing you. Let me repeat: I love knowing you, and I choose to use my time getting to know you better and helping you to know me better. But when you say you'll do X when you have time, it comes across to me that you want to leave our relationship up to how you feel about me on that day.
Time consists of what we put in it at will. I don't feel like it is your will to know me or be known by me.
Now, let's go from there. Please talk to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home