Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Saturday, May 02, 2015

Learjet school day 6 end

Feel like I'm beginning to hit my stride today, although I say that cautiously because the next step down from there is complacency. There is no reason to relax now, though I feel a couple things are going in my favor. My classmate and I each took a 50-question multiple choice OEM-manuals only open book test, and even under the time constraints i scored a 90%. That helped me feel like I know my stuff, or can proficiently look up what I don't know.
An odd twist this morning happened when our instructor was quizzing us on systems; the questions dug out a level of understanding about systems we heard about just yesterday. The floor belonged to either one of us who wanted to answer, but my classmate was rather muted during the ordeal while I was the one bumbling around to come up with the right answers. Classmate expressed his distaste at this method of learning where he is just listening to wrong answers and dismissed himself from the class. I suppose he didn't know the answers himself? I personally valued the time because I learn from my mistakes. As long as it doesn't fail me out of an award, I'll boldly err until the knowledge is sharp and skills are proficient.
The systems integration period (simulator) was highly constructive because of today's instructor, Mr Glenn H. He was slow, methodical and thorough, so when i would think "can we speed it up here?" I just wait for the next moment and he has something new to give which would serve me in the future. He was also so kind to give us a nice individualized 1" binder filled with memory assignments and simulator lesson syllabuses. I finished the school day feeling fresh and filled.
I also ran in to one of the guys i met yesterday from FlexJet on the walk out.
Tomorrow is a hiatus from classes, so i plan to mix in some recreation and fun along with extra study time. Should have something more fun to report on the next entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home