Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Getting back to things...

K, here's the summary of my life since i've posted.
Friday: Call Mr. Chase with questions concerning my future. I told him of my current setup and how much I (in the near future) will earn and of the in-company promotion opportunity. His advice was to stay here because LeTu's flight instructors get $16k a year tops, and afterwards they have to move away but i'd get to skip that step. So i get to live my dream and stay in Illinois for awhile longer.

Sunday: Watched the Chicago Bears with interest for the first time in several years. They won their fourth straight game on Sunday. Seems to be a fine year for Chicago clubs. Went to night church for young adults called Fuel. Very encouraging atmosphere because there kids my age are passionate for God. Being away from that environment for weeks can turn into years if one allows, so I'm hoping to keep connected to it. Mom left for Israel with her friend Nancy Loy.

Monday: leave on two-day pipeline patrol trip. Nine hours of flying to the Quad cities, St. Louis, Kansas City, Wichita and everywhere in between. Stay overnight in Salina. Talked with Grandpa, Angela, Brian and Shane Delay.

Tuesday: finish two-day pipeline patrol trip. 7 1/2 hours of flying to Lincoln (Nebraska) to Chicago and Champaign, Illinois.

Wednesday: Work with Scott (leaf cleanup, lawn mowing) from 8 to 4. Mr. Bitikofer emails me with a job offer to flight instruct at LeTourneau. I told him of my current position and that i'd been praying and conferring with Mr. Chase and have concluded that staying here is the best option for me. Getting to fly along the earth's curves and dodge towers and brave inclement weather has become a niche programmed by Alaska. Christina Greenawalt found my blog and later my phone number, and we talked for 1/2 hour. She asked me to come to her and Karsten's wedding and be their ceremony's pianist.

Today: Work with Scott from 8 to 5. Make quesidillas for dinner for dad and Rosanna. We've been supporting each other well since mom left. Rosanna made dinner on Tuesday, dad on Wednesday and me today. Hopefully Papa Murphy's pizza will make our dinner on Friday :-) Rosanna and i drove to Starbuck's where she treated me to a mint hot chocolate.

I've grown increasingly unimpressed with the interaction between Rosanna and her boyfriend DJ recently. Their relationship is not moving forward and upward in maturity or depth, which means it is deteriorating from the inside out. Why do i beleive this? 1)His lack of patience, respect and genuineness towards Rosanna and the family. 2) Dominance of entertainment and physical contact over other dimensions of a healthy relationship. 3) His rediculous baby-talk tone of speech and repetitious "I love you"s.
Without the television and freedom to touch, their relationship would not exist; i am convinced of that because that's all i see them involved in. I've been challenged to consider for myself the meaning of that phrase "I love you." In my mind, that solemn phrase means nothing without the act of loving to point to. "I love you" is a behavior firstly; the words are a redundancy to spur to recollection the acts of love.
And what are the acts of love? They are the quest of bringing all of one's best interests to life.
I just think more love ought to be happening in their relationship. It frustrates me to witness them in the delusion that they have enough already.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elmo said...

Whoa, harsh words. But well stated, and consequently, credible.
I am sorry I haven't commented in a while.
I am also sorry to hear that you will be staying up there. But I am also NOT sorry that you'll be staying up there. It seems to be the best thing.
Wow, I will pray for your mom's safe time there and safe return back. How does one fly to Israel from Illinois?
Sounds like you're getting to fly a bunch.
Glad to hear that Christina and Karsten are gettin' hitched. Hahaha.
About the boyfriends... yeah, I kinda know what you mean. I am not real thrilled with my sister's choice, either. They're way too physical. And only 16... geesh. "But WE are different... WE are going to get married."
Yeah, right... heard it before. Shoot, SAID it before.
Well, I will pray for Rosanna, if you'll pray for Samantha.
Talk later,
Randy

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home