Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

And four to go: reprise

As a song in a minor key is repeated in a major, such is this week. I see God's goodness unfolding in the form of a better job than what I even wanted. The same lady who passed me up as a flight instructor vied for me to her friend at Midwest Avtech. He-Tim- called me on Sunday and invited me to go fly the pipeline with him on Monday at 7AM. So i drove up there Monday morning and flew with Tim for 3 1/2 hours, and between my kiddish exclamations of glee at the airplane I was flying in (Diamond Star [http://www.diamondair.com/contentc/da40frame.htm]), Tim told me about his business, his career, and his many unfortunate experiences with past pilots. Long story short, I would be able to fly more, get paid more and go more places than i would as an instructor, and i would have genuine opportunities to fly larger airplanes, specifically a Cessna 310 and a Piper Navajo. He used the phrase "i'm hiring you to fly the line first, but"... I'm celebrating inside and am 99% sure that this is for real! I will want to explode Tim's perception of a decent employee and determine if this is the career path God is directing me to.
The airport is up in Peru, Illinois, an hour's drive from home. I know plenty of people in the Peru area because i went to school there for 6th grade, so perhaps i could rent a room in someone's house. The other option is to commute. Timewise, it would be worthwhile. But financially, the commute itself might break me over a long time.
Lord, i pray that what i think i see happening is real and that You'll help me jump over the hurdles to make it work.
----
Yesterday I worked for a bit with Scott (who hired me to help him with his lawn mowing business), and we swung by a farm equipment (all of un-citied Illinois looks like a farm from the air) garage and talked to some of his co-firestation volunteers there. Well one of these guys used to work at the airport, and he remembered my airplane crash all the way back in 2001. He even concurred with the date I told him (June 16) and said "yeah, my friend got married on the same day, and it was that Saturday in June." He recalled the number of people on board and where we crashed and even what the plane looked like all smashed up. So meeting this guy was cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elmo said...

Incidentally, Piper built the Navajo, not Beech.
You were in a crash? What? Tell me about it!

8:58 PM  
Blogger bajema said...

cool deal with the job. i had an hour and a half commute down to an oil refinery for about a year. its doable!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home