Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Adjusting

I spent 20 minutes on the line with Daisy this evening. The temp is down to the twenties in Glennallen. They received a sprinkling of snow today. No shows of the Aurora yet.
She and Anne went jogging in 29 degrees; "perfect for jogging," said Daisy. Meanwhile, on the other side of our country, i am wiping sweaty palms on my jeans and driving with the windows open to the 88 F air.
I will never perceive "fun" in the same way again. Fun is bludgeoning salmon to the death; trying to keep the van ON the Glenn Highway; getting myself, a student and 200 "Sleep Deprivation" stranded in Palmer overnight; hiking up a mountain trail; sitting still on a lookout over a roaring river; dodging trees, rocks and ice with an airplane; getting hugged; cracking a whip; skipping stones; floating in a boat moored to shore while adoring brilliant facets of creation all around and next to me; trusting my life to four little pistons the size of my fist; having nothing to say in regards to the stunning panorama before my eyes.
Remind me, what did i do here for satisfying fun?
--
Heather is making plans to come see me at the end of this month. I hope that works out. Think she would enjoy the environment i come from.
--
Today i visited Jacki Sabota's blog site and discovered a new sort of beauty.
--
We're such materialists. Companionship, adventure, sustenence, productivity, health and faith is the stuff happiness is made up of.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elmo said...

I can't help you with the rest of it.

But- here's a hug. That I can do.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home