Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Saturday, October 15, 2005

And four to go...and then not

-I got up at 6:15 this morning and went on a 17-mile bike ride with a buddy of mine. The day was clear, had a gentle west wind, and the morning air was humid. As i rode through it at 18 mph, i could feel the moisture collecting on my lips. Yet i basked in hope of warmer hours, when the volume of water in the air would diminish, and the wind would be still cool to breathe pleasurably.
Two hours after i returned from that trip, i left again and visited the bank, my former piano teacher, and the Howertons (but they were not home).
Total mileage for the day: 31.5 miles.
-After like a week of not talking to Angela-which seems to me a long time-she called tonight while she waited for her friend to come over. She told me of something bold she did this afternoon. All the old letters that she kept over the years she offered to God upon an altar of fire. "Why be concerned with things of the past?" I asked her advice for my journals that i've filled up and stored over the years. I have shared Angela's idea for the recent year, but since i beleived my future wife (if He so wills her be) might appreciate reading that stuff. However, her insight was that we ought to be concerned about us in the present. Consistent with my current critique of my own materialist habits, I am taking serious consideration to our discussion tonight.
-I called Legacy Aviation myself tonight, after two weeks of noncontact, and found that the guy who interviewed after me boasted better credentials, so Linda and Rosemary decided to hire him. They did not leave me out on a limb, though. My resume was forwarded to Midwest Avtech, another company in Peoria, and allegedly they're seeking to hire a pipeline observer and one to work on airplanes. Flying the pipeline would be so much fun! Perhaps my contact with Legacy was but a bridge God used to somewhere else.
If i end up getting a decent job and staying here through next spring, i wish to accept an offer to teach instrument ground school at Image Air, the FBO at BMI. I wouldn't be paid for it, but the experience would be valuable.
-One short-term goal of mine is to type out my journal from the summer-all 100+ pages of it. I found it interesting how my entries are kinda blah-blah until Daisy comes into the scene. Almost suddenly, emotion is injected into the pages and i'm writing longer, more meaningfully and vividly. I'm getting to relive the drama. As thankful as I am about the way things turned out with Anthony (wow, didn't he consume my thought life for weeks!), I fail to regret the way the story involving him began. I halfway wish i coulda lived the whole week of the Alaska Fair when i built my first impression of him. But he would have been different, i beleive. Daisy herself said that she did a lot of growing up this summer, and it was the result of "iron sharpening iron, so a man sharpens the countenace of his friend." [So that is why Daisy said that the view from the lookout behind Dave's house reminds her of that verse. we spent our last time together there] Anthony and I both grew up too, and it turned around to make for a sweet ending.
-Last comment. I see the importance of a couple loving each other as an outgrowth of their personal relationship with God. A harmonious relationship with another person of the opposite sex is best done standing on the foundation of a trusting, humble relationship with God. Both need to be standing there. Or else the balance will be upset.

1 Comments:

Blogger bajema said...

radar! i found you! sounds like a good ride you had. have a great day!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home