Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Three to get ready

Just for clarification, I am quite content with the job i've been occupied with the last two days. The weather has been great, my boss is super, and yardwork is a niche of mine. So no, i am not discouraged to be doing this. But thank you for your concern for my happiness!!
I get to do alot of thinking, too. A couple good thoughts came to mind this afternoon.
1) I have never felt so unqualified for marriage or courting as i am now. I am so focused on getting a start on my career that i would be a rude awakening to that special woman who is anticipating the perfect love story. And what about economical support? Man! I am trusting God to bring us, whoever you are, together in His season. I'm praying for you in our waiting period.
2) Celine Dion's songs are consistently inspirational to me. It was during the listening of her best hits album, mixed with a memory, that the next thing came to mind. The memory was of TV and other couples arguing over once-insignificant problems that festered into big issues. The idea was "and they shall become one flesh." I think differently about that verse now. My belief is that God's meaning in this pre-sin ordinance was dual and more. Most obviously, it is a commission for a guy and girl to have sex (i'm so blunt, aren't I?). Secondly, it implies that the man and wife are so tight in agreement that they are like one person "in the flesh" on the earth; they are so inline with one another that the effect is that of one individual vanishing from earth's population. The commission was given before sin entered the world; consequently, God's original ideal is unattainable. [As we could theorize, it was probably one of the most humanly unattainable of God's ideals because it first flopped when tested] But Christ repeated those words as truth in His day, so the divine intention stands. A couple can still work towards the "one flesh" (for so few couples are indeed "one flesh") from many angles. Communication, reliance, and predictability are some qualities of a relationship that would do it well. My opinion. (As grossly inexperienced as i am, i think my opinion is credible yet.)

Just wanna shout out to the few but precious people who read my blog! hi Randy, Usen, Heather, Suzie, and Angela! thank you for reading. you make me feel appreciated.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elmo said...

See also comment on yesterday's entry.

I, too, feel entirely unqualified for coutrship right now. Does that stop me? No. Yes. Maybe. I'll get back to you.

Celine Dion? Ugh. Not a big fan. SOME of her songs sound pretty; that's about all I have to say.
But on the topic, I never interpreted the 'one flesh' verse sexually. I mean, I don't have a problem with it theologically, and I think I have heard it that way before. But I always interpreted it as a man and woman being one person, so to speak.

Alright, much to do, too little time.
God bless!
Elmo

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home