Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Stuff

I don't have, like, actual stories to share with you. Just stuff is going on, and it's not been too exciting. Nothing like walking on a glacier or having the ride of my life or seeing Lake Clark from 2,000' on a sunny day. All i've got is bulletpoints from my day's thoughts.
  • after getting ground-mailed up to Alaska and express mailed from Alaska, my bicycle now has very little resale value due to the gashes and mars on its paint job. But everything else is straight and riding great!
  • Stupid plans!! if only i had not used sticking to my 'plans' as an excuse last Tuesday afternoon, i could have ridden the best bike trails i'd ever seen.
  • Do, at the least, just a little of what you know you should, and do it now. Just a little is 100% better than nothing at all.
  • Don't play mind games. Play life as it comes.
  • Eat to live; don't live to eat.
  • Focus

Anthony sent me an alarming email yesterday. He asked me "Who's this girl Hope and what are you doing lying in her bosom?" How does he know about Hope? And what picture of us did he see?

Actually, i had forgotten what i told to Daisy on Tuesday night about my instructor job status: "At the moment, i am resting in the bosom of hope that i will get the job." Daisy told that to Anthony and, wha-la, we have a paradox ! (please tell me if i used 'paradox' correctly) Well, i called Daisy to ask her what the deal was, and she told me the whole of it.

Thanks for your compliment, Elmo. Your favorite pianist has been practicing a new piece, Liszt's transposition of Beethoven's compelling 5th Symphony. While progress is slow and threatened to halt, i'm enjoying learning the musical expression of frustration with the misfortunes of life. "So pocht das Schicksal an die Pforte"; 'Thus Fate knocks at the door', the interpretation of the most famous four notes in music.

Angela left a voice message on my phone this evening. Her first words: "hey handsome."

I left a voice message on Angela's phone 30 minutes later. My first words: "hey beautiful." We're always so candid.

God, I'm in the waiting/ ready to used of You out there/will you grant what i'm praying/weave still my life with care.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elmo said...

HAHA.
Daisy told me about your venture into Hope's bosom. As soon as she quoted you, I said, "Wow... Jonathan's turned over a new leaf." Or something stupid like that.
Well, you tell Hope that I said hello, and that I wish she'd come back, that I may spend some time with her bosom as well.
Hope hasn't been around much, lately.

Wha-la? Did you, by chance, intend to use the French cliche "Voila"????
It's a good thing they're French and no one cares whether they're offended.
:)

I have been inappropriately unforgiving lately. That's a random thought. But, if you feel that it has been aimed at you, I apologize.

Well, I will leave you with that.
Except to say that there is something I am curious about. But, it is not right to be curious about that.
What a quandry.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home