Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Telling all that

Frankly, i'm feeling the pressure of being in the handcuffs of a very harsh reality. The aviation industry does not treat young sprouts well. Not until this week did i realize-it was like an epiphany- that i need money. I want money. I went to school to put a skill in my pocket that i would enjoy using, but mediocre skills are all i have. Look at the bottom line, and what lies there is a zero. A static zero. I'm in quite a fix in that i am here in the world my hopes and education befit me, but it is unsatisfactory. Now. When i need the most money, there's no way to tap into the industry and get it. Now. I didn't know that by coming here that I was making poverty an option, nay, an obligation! How long will i be destitude and desperate?
So i cannot make a living from the job i will have, but the experience is outstanding. How do i balance the two needs of developing myself for a career and earning money? They are not coincident, else i would be happier. Ought i to persevere through this, as though it were a platform which will raise me up by and by? But even when i get higher, will that even be enough?
I've been through a hundred different moods today. Writing with them still shifting violently is difficult. Fate knocks at the door (da-da-da-BUM) but God said that the works of men shall praise Him.
Therefore I pray, Lord, that You will magnify yourself through my life somehow; save my spirit from the situations that would smother me; and grant me blessed assurance and peace always by all means.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elmo said...

Sorry, but it was just a song quote. I am not being whisked away frivolously, as appealing as it sounds to me.
BUT- thanks for commenting!
There are a lot of people (ahem... Alaska crowd) that I need to call this weekend, and you're one of them.
Have a good Friday, and I will say a quick prayer for you right now.
R

6:34 AM  
Blogger Elmo said...

da-da-da-BUM?
I am having trouble imagining that tintinnabulation properly.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home