Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Friday, October 28, 2005

On the spiritual

These blog deals are really wonderful things--if one finds the right people to read, that is. I had a particular young lady's blog address in my Bookmarks, and i have no idea how it got there because I don't know her, and my friend Doug (who is familiar with her) doesn't remember telling me about her. She is one rare jem of an individual. Her mind is in tune with the spirit of God, and His nature is dwelling in her heart. Her writing is magnificient and captivates me. The words she spilled out this evening blessed me in that they speak for myself:

I'm feeling pressed for time on every side,
And, in turn, I am sacrificing that time which is most important to me,
And to You.

I read Your word every morning, but the words, they just don't seem to be going past my eyes.
They just don't seem to be entering my heart.
I am reading, but I fear that I am no longer listening.
Are Your words mute, or am I deaf?

Until exactly this afternoon, this description was me. I'm glad you all can't have a way to hear my thoughts and understand my feelings because they have been frustrated by all the change surrounding me. I've felt almost claustrophobic within the new world closing around my life. My times with God have consisted of a
mere few passing minutes. Nichole Nordeman's lyrics "I look to my time with You to keep me awake and alive" have been convicting. Well, i did get some time alone this afternoon and I set my Bible on my lap and read through Isaiah 33, 40 and 41. Every word went sunk in, and i truly cherished that time. God's word was real for me. I realized with all my being that God is the one Who fuels my passion for life and godliness. I cannot harvest the golden opportunities that lie ripe on my territory and expect to be satisfied by them alone. No, the perfect satisfaction comes from God. The life experiences just give a new medium through which God plans to grow and prosper and satisfy us, but the devotion to Him must persist. Without Him is emptiness, darkness, a closed space. I beleive God gave me my present disposition so that I can be closer to him. I beleive that's what the will of God is in every turn of our lives-a step from abandonment towards companionship. God is to be feared, adored and served. He expects me to reach a new level of fearing, adoring and serving Him in this new step of life. So no matter how great my present job disposition is, I must submit to this one truth: He Is.
Have you ever read 1 Corinthians 13 with the perspective that "This is how God loves me"? In my 22 years, not once have i read the Love Chapter with the consideration that this is God's love. Wow.

To my unknown wife:
I call you Dove because you give me peace
I call you Beautiful because you are a work of art created by the Master Artist
I call you Precious because you're the best there is for me
I call you Treasure because inside you is radiance exceeding the world's jewels
I call you Valiant because you've braved life's challenges
I call you Heroic because you've found victory through your fierce trials
I call you Faithful because you've continually beleived in me
I call you Lovely because our God is your first love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home