Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Thursday, October 27, 2005

The real deal

I'm sorry that it took two of my faithfuls to prompt me to write again. My innate sense of inadequacy should have driven me to this before peer pressure did. The time is 2AM on Thursday morning, a retreat from the normal bedtime. you'll hear why soon. i'll need to keep this condensed, so here we go.
Friday Oct 22 - drive to Peru and talk to Chuck. he's the entrepreneur who started Midwest Avtech. he maintains the airplanes. told me i'd have chances to work in the shop and on the flight line filling and moving planes. Drive home and mow lawns with Scott for a few hours .
Saturday - go biking at 7:30 A in cold air, wear sweater and warm-up pants. find difficulty in riding fast with so much clothing on. Work with Scott til noon. Go to Ill. State Univ. football game; they win 36-3.
Sunday - Church, good lunch, nap, go on the church singles' group outing to Sugar Creek, have dinner, play games and sit by the fire. Meet plenty of people who are all older than me but are very nice.
Monday - Tim and I fly the Cessna 310 to Rochester, Minnesota to take an aged woman to Mayo Clinic. 3 hours in 310.
Tuesday - Fly with Tim 3.5 hours on the pipeline from Peru thru Chicago to Kankakee. Get called away 1/2 way thru route for urgent charter flight. Return to Peru and fly the Navajo to Fort Dodge, Iowa to pick up a 12" by 44" steel pipe. Review pipeline route.
Wednesday - 7 hours to finish pipeline route thru Chicago, Gary, Indiana, the Quad cities, near St. Louis and back. Then some vital factory component broke in Peoria, so Tim and i flew it onboard the Navajo to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to get it fixed. It ended up being unserviceable, so we left it there and departed Pittsburgh at 10:30PM (Penn time) for home. Flew left seat on way back; 5.5 hours in Navajo. Spent more time in the air this day than on the ground.
Look what the Lord has given!
The nostalgia of travelling is still thriving in me.

good night,
Radar

1 Comments:

Blogger Elmo said...

Wow!
Okay, cool, you've been up to good things. That's comforting to hear. I don't know why I chose the word 'comforting', because I wasn't previously uncomfortable. Hmm....

Anyhow, good to hear that you're busy in the air!

I need to go, so I will talk to ya later.
R

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home