Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Post-Thanksgiving notes

I'm back home after thanksgiving break, not really enthused or proud or sad about anything. I've been rehearsing an important moment coming my way tomorrow, and i ought to be more excited about it. But God grabbed me last night for an hour and a half and spoke clearly into my heart about some issues, including that of tomorrow. Other highlights of the break is my very sore thighs following a game of tackle football; two visits to the hot tub; eating a lot of food; learning a new card game; reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe; seeing what cool stuff my family is up to; talking to some very important people; getting an important email; and playing the piano for a grateful audience.
I'm off the phone now. And now smiling.
Lord, You're working on my covetous heart. Squeeze it out of Thy servant. Keep encouraging me in my disposition because You're designing it to affect others with Your love. You're right; with Your influence within me, I am the best man to deal with my opportunities and situations I'm in, and I am above wishing for a another past. This holiday of thanksgiving gave me more to be grateful for than just the past year. In the past, present and future, Your gifts are abundant and sufficient for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home