Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Love is in the air

Four days have passed since i last wrote here. And that's not because alot has not been happening; alot has, but it's been mostly internal, as opposed to a landing gear malfunction or a surprise Christmas party invitation. Thursday, i had an exciting time flying because i followed the line 90% of the time on my own and anticipated most of the several hundred turns that all practically require seamless memorization. I look forward to soon going on my own and finally getting paid! That day will be soon enough. Tim and I made the decision at our fuel stop in Freeport, IL to not continue out west on the Kansas lines because of the IFR-causing occluded front that we'd get stuck behind on Friday. So that opened the opportunity for me to come back Thursday night to Peoria to see my grandmother after her neck surgery. My schedule just fit together nicely that day, and it reminded me again how God is working all things together for our good. I came home around 9 and met my friend Brandon there, and we played the Rook card game and Bible Trivia.

My old, good friend Robbie called me at midnight to catch up and tell me that he got engaged on Christmas day. He makes-count 'em- FOUR of my am/were close friends who have gotten engaged this year. Robbie, Jonathan, Jesse and Christina are all outstanding people, and I'm glad for them. I don't feel pressure to move to that step myself, but i do find remarkable the fact that their time seemed to come so soon. Just awhile ago, so it feels, Robbie and i were talking about the girls we had a crush on in our 6th grade class. Our estimation of time is way off, i've found. My four friends have gotten there in a whoosh, and soon i'll be there in the similarly brief period of time. I just need to undergo more change personally before God brings that season around in my world. I need to to more growing up. One Joseph Barth is quoted to have said that "Marriage is our last, best chance to grow up." Best wishes to you, my fine friends. You're about to be all grown up now.

Thursday night in the hospital, i was with my grandpa and grandma in the hospital, she bedridden after her surgery. As i watched my grandpa hovering over her, I empathized for him. I could see by the look in his eyes that he was reflcting on the times back when they were first married and it seemed like forever was before them. Then came the new job, the kids, the grandkids, the day that she fell...Now she's wearing down physically, and death and separation is the inevitable, unavoiable final door down this long hallway of marriage. We know she's got many more years left, but for grandpa, he knows that the separation is nearer than the day that seems like just yesterday.

New Year's eve, this is. In less than eight hours, we'll ring in/drink in/sleep in/kiss in or whatever you do in the moment the new year arrives.

this is cliche, but oh well..

See you next year, y'all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Radar said...

you're right, Bekah, those words to describe the internals are hard to muster; moreover, this time i didn't want to write those words at all since they may not only offend, but they may also be words that i'd regret others' knowing. Better they are left in a private journal where they can be stored away and forgotten!

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home