Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Thursday, April 13, 2006

to be a man

A man is a very complex intertwining of extremes.
I got hooked to a book called Guard Your Heart, and more and more i'm seeing the truths that this book is revealing. Guys go from one drive to the next. We have God-given talents to provide, protect, procreate, persevere, praise, perform, be patient, patriotic. But we will also be passive, passionate, imPulsive, polygamous, perverse, pitiful, procrastinate, prejudiced, pressuring, pessimistic,
prideful (those words all came from my head, by the way).
I didn't want to get up for work today. But now that i'm here i don't want to stop working. Being a guy is very weird. It's even scarier when i "notice" myself.
Women, on the other hand, are the moderators. They're very emotional because they feel the flux of change and pull back in resistance to it. We guys just deem it all OK and deal with whatever.
In considering all the differences between men and women, it would make sense for the "Wo-" prefix to mean "upside-down," as in "upside-down man."

I'm the obsessive, she's the moderator.
I'm the driven, she's the devoted.
I'm the attacker, she's the steadyer
I'm the pessimistic, she's the hopeful
I'm the passive, she's the ambitious

Whatever I am, she evens me out.
That's why when i find her, i'll have found a good thing.

come quickly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home