Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Sunday, April 02, 2006

What i love about Sunday

Kelly, an old- sometimes former - sometimes old- friend of mine said to me a week ago that i'm welcome to come up and talk to her about what it's like to be out of school. Sundays are a definite plus about being out of school and into the working world, especially with a Christian establishment. In the previous two Sunday afternoons, you'd have found me napping either outside or on my bed oblivious to work that may have required my attention at the time. In contrast, a student's Sunday is catch-up day, assuming i was a typical student. I was always burned out by Sunday. But now i get to indulge my desire to recover from the energy deficit.
After waking up and talking to Angela for an hour, i motivated myself enough to go for a ride. I went down Sam Page road to Sarah and Tim's house, where i got some water and an orange. Coming from there was the best part of the excursion. The humidity dropped remarkably, I felt fast and dashed along at a pace that reassured me that i still had the strength for speed.
What was happening in my spirit was more significant, though. Riding has traditionally brough a spiritual and physical high that i cannot get anywhere else. As i ride, i like to think and pray about all sorts of stuff. And i've been missing out on it for months. Now that i was actually back, memories of back when flooded in, and i felt as if God were reminding me of who i was, what i usually think about, during our times out. I began to see myself as a made-over person looks at his pre-transformation picture. I saw myself as this perverse, shallow, negative, pessimistic shadow of a thing, and i knew immediately that i gotta change. Worrying and mental grinding and coveting and lusting have all got to fall away because i cannot spend a life deep in that mire. And i was carrying guilt, tremendous guilt of not being good enough, of failing everybody and being potential of nothing useful. Think about that--of all God has done for me, and after my heart's belief that i am the sealed and peculiar child of God, i still make room in my mind for temptations to dwell and multiply until they choke my joy and contentment in God.
So i decided to throw off all negatives and pray. Now, it's so interesting how when we pray, off-topic matters come to our attention. Once i'm thinking about God making me a positive person, then about His showing his love through one husband to his wife, then about His marvelous craftsmanship on every part of me.
It's good to be in the Light.
------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home