Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Helped people, Hurt people

Today has been very productive for me.
Now, these days, being productive means that i affected people's lives - many people's lives. my work is very people-oriented as opposed to task - oriented, and while tasks sit and wait to get done and don't care beans if they don't, people do care and they react socially and emotionally. My responsiblites revolve around people, and I often measure my own success on how many people i helped or hurt today. This day in particular, i prepared for much, made lots of plans, talked to a ton of people, and influenced just as many.
i wish i could had a double today, though: one of me to go meet my two new students, and the other to stay at the airport and take care of my students there. when dealing with five students in one day, each vying for quality time and attention, life gets hectic,and i have to be choosy with the use of my time. divide myself equally amongst all, and i leave several of their responsibilities incomplete. Concentrate on the ones who need the priority attention, and i run out of time to spend with the others. either way, somebody is going to be unhappy. i find myself deciding who must be neglected for the greater good, and consequently
whose unhappiness means the least to me. So the plans i set forth went bust. i allocated my time in ways i didnt' anticipate, but i got stuff done, and there was a little redemption in the end.
Ruedi finished his commercial syllabus with teh 1.4 hours we flew this AM to Nacogdoches; Brad got sent off on his solo cross-country and got back and finished his paperwork ; i got Leanne's paperwork done and her checkride scheduled; i printed out study materials formy new instrument students; and i researched my flights for Friday and Saturday with Charisma.
i was supposed to meet Paul to go fly at Gilmer at 5, but stuff piled up on me, and i didnt' get out of the airport til 7. plus, storms were on the horizon all over the area and flying would be risky anyway.
so where this led me consequently is to stand up my new instrument students about three times this afternoon because i didn't show up where i'd tell them i'd be - the busyness at the airport got to be too much. then i practically stood Paul up too. had the weather not been in bad shape, i would have been two hours late anyway, and grumpy and tired so i dont' know how beneficial it would have been anyhow. ...

so i've left this writing about three times in the last five hours, so i'm going to let it go and publish it.

in other news, my all-too-wonderful-and-beautiful-for-me girlfriend and I are enjoying a fantastic relationship. We are travelling a lot together: in this month so far, we've been to Waco, Dallas, San Antonio, Bloomington Illinois, and if God wills for us, several other destinations near and far are in our plans. To sum it up, i'm having the most fun, wild, adventurous and romantic time of my life. Charisma is God's gift to me for this season, and we realize it-this season- is soon coming to an end. Our prayer is that it will transition into another season of which this relationship is also a part. It is in God's hands, whatever happens. We will be content with future circumstances because we are being wise with each other right now.

San Antonio, next to Alamo Monday June 11
Dressed for Rachel and Evan Fleming's wedding in Bloomington, Illinois, Friday June 15
the lovely face of my girlfriend who is daily amazing me by her grace, virtue and godliness. riding the Amtrak down from Bloomington to Longview. the pen in her hand is all too appropriate!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Tack Family said...

any season with you is better than a season without--regardless of distance. I'm looking forward to what God brings us, and I am so thankful for you!

Charisma

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home