Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

San Diego: first full day

As a result of spending a couple hours siting next to a pool barechested against the California sun, I have effectively burned a red stain onto my only slightly-protected front side. Worst of all, it hurts, man! my left foot even got burned. note to self: California sun unforgiving ,must layer the tanning lotion! I've seen a few twists to the norm this last 24 hours. After my quiet time this morning, i popped in a pair of contact lenses and spent the next 3 hours not seeing quite like I normally do. I supposed my eyes were just tired because i couldn't focus on distant object, nor were my eyes focusing quickly from near to far. When I went into the bathroom to get some mouthwash, i felt curious enough to look in my contact case, which was in my travel bag, just to make sure I put in my own contacts. Well, my contacts were still in my case, which meant that those in my eyes were my sister's! I had just picked up the wrong case. I was relieved: my body isn't breaking down after all!
Another surprise came when, yesterday, the girl from my previous relationship showed up on Facebook, added me as a friend, and wrote a message to me. Appropriately, in our friend detail, she stated "we were in a relationship ,but now we're not talking."

Rosanna and i came back to our room and she noticed a couple doors down a tray of dishes and food waiting to be pick up by room service. She walked over to it and picked of a a couple tasty herb tortilla chips. "These are good!" she exclaimed. "try one!" I looked around secretively and got myself a bite of the chips. I noticed a pizza box under the plate with th etortillas and opened it up to find half acheese pizza still in it. "well, get get it!" Rosanna said. So she and I enjoyed a free dinner tonight, courtesy of our unwary but wasteful neighbors.

A bridge under repair in Minneapolis collapsed today, and an eyewitness had this to say on a CNN interview:
"Construction workers were just kinda standing around with blank faces on their look."

it's alright, buddy, i flip my words sometimes too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home