Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Learjet school day 7

Today was a day off from training, and certainly a pleasant day it was.
In the morning I went to Grace Church Frisco, and little to my knowledge I walked into a day of celebration for that church. For eight years, this church has been working and praying towards a transition into a larger building, and today after many confirmations and sweet provisions from the Lord, they broke ground on the new church building. And I got to be there!
Pastor Craig gave a very fitting message for the significance of today, centering the message on Numbers 6:22-26 where Aaron is told what to say when he gives God's blessing to the Israelites. The takeaway from the passage, and the message, is that Christ Himself is our blessing, and that He positions us sometimes to reflect the beauty of Himself and His Gospel toward our generation.
The location of the new church is in a very key position, no doubt. The land was actually donated, and the streets themselves are quite providential. A back-hoe was the first to take a scoop from the virgin soil that would soon be where the new church rests.
After a slight bit of studying in the afternoon, I met up with an old colleague of mine from Dynamic, Greg Phillips, at the Bear Creek Park for a round of disc golf. Good workout and good conversation enjoyed by both of us. On the 18th hole, I tossed the disc directly into the basket from about , no kidding, one hundred feet away. I need to get the picture uploaded here so you can see my perspective from launch point to the basket. That moment was absolutely thrilling!
A small scope of very thorough studying closed out the night.
One closing thought since I haven't gotten into much by way of airplane in this entry: I was listening to selections of my sons Disney kids' music album off my iPad, and when I was working on the structure of my memorized takeoff briefing, the song "The green Grass Grew all around" came on. You have to understand where a pilot comes from, but just hear me out ; that that song is very relevant to flying an airplane. The song starts with a hole in the ground, around which green grass is growing. By the end of the song we are visualizing "there's a feather on a bird in an egg in a nest on a twig on a branch on a tree on a root in a hole and the green grass grows..." We always come back to the green grass growing. In the song, strictly, it's the center of the picture. Another example how to us pilots, flying the airplane is at the center. No matter how mixed up or pretty everything else is, flying the airplane is at the center of the picture. It's the point at which everything is connected, just like the grass in the song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home