Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Monday, May 04, 2015

Learjet school day 8

The second week of Learjet training has begun, and that on a very positive trajectory.
Over this week, my classmate and i will be in and out of the simulator and given about two hours each to practice maneuvers, emergencies, procedures and plain old knob-ology, all of which will conclude in a check ride sometime this weekend. Today's sessions began early, meeting at 0600 for briefing. I felt quite acute and sharp during the performance time in the simulator, and after that was finished my stamina began a slow dive that I denied and denied for hours. Finally the need for rest won out and I quit studying at Bombardier and returned to my hotel just so i could sleep.
My first flight in the Learjet simulator - with the motion actually ON this time - was exhilarating. I did really well handling the simulator and the airplane, and truly the mistakes I made / learned from were errors in execution as opposed to errors induced by my poor interaction with the feel of the simulator. The simulator airplane is really fun to fly. It was fortunate to not have to deal with frustration over the way the simulator is flying for me; it was truly doing what I wanted it to do, and what I wanted it to do came out clean, smooth and easy. My mind is still obviously behind the pace of the events, but my heart is totally in this. It's so sweet to be here, right now, learning an airplane I never imagined I would have the opportunity to fly anytime soon. I'm thanking God profusely for this privilege , yet taking each day in stride because the Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord, who gives abundantly into our necessities here and gives us heavenly stores of imperishable treasures, the foremost of which is Christ Himself.
I'm looking forward to getting to sleep a bit earlier tonight. Big day planned tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home