Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Sunday, November 27, 2005

How Magical

At the end of each day i get to spend with the Howertons, i come back home feeling wrapped up by something very...magical. I possess such exuberance and joy because i am touched by legions of blessing that I don't deserve. God always ministers to me in an extraordinary way on the day i'm with them. Today (minus one very special detail), Mrs. Howerton had me/us for lunch, and then Rachel planned a game for us to play in the afternoon, and somehow arrangements were made for the Campbells (old high school teachers of mine and friends of the Howertons) to come over after church and watch War of the Worlds. I get to stay awhile more than what i plan, and in the end am more blessed and encouraged than almost i can contain. And what else unique happened today? Well, the Chicago Bears won their 7th straight because of their shutdown defense and because the kicker on Tampa Bay missed a 29-yard field goal; my early flight on Monday was postponed b/c of bad weather (meaning i get to catch up on studying for the next flight; the fuel pump at Casey's stopped on its own at $23.00 exactly (what are the odds of that?!); and when i got back home, my dad, instead of scolding me for getting home late, as i expected, asked me if i need money (i'm actually OK in that area for now). Now i'm listening to Rascal Flatts and am full of words about somebody.
I have just a few praises for the sweet person i got to meet today. More than just a few come to mind of course, but i don't want to go overboard. This person is so disciplined spiritually, socially, physically, yet is so humble about such a nobly mature lifestyle. I look at those habits and am convicted; i want to be like that. I'm not doing any good keeping myself up at 11 tonight writing this, but the reflections from today are a gift i need to put to use now before they fade and vanish. Wow, i could say so much more, but i won't because I want to say just enough to be encouraging and affirming if she does happen to read this.
Another detail of today that was very special to me was my devotions before i went out riding. It was a "please just place my eyes on what You want me to read, Lord" day. So i flipped through the Gospels to some Book and chapter. Forgive me, i actually forgot the book and the chapter when i tried to look for it again in church! I did memorize three verses from it, though, all which i took with me, and still recall, as my day's spiritual food: "Take heed, and beware of covetousness, for the life of man consisteth of more than the abundance of things which he possesseth." "Be not of a doubtful mind." "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
I'm up toooo late. i need to write faster and think less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home