Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Learjet school day 9

This is one of those days that you can trace through and conclude "I had my plans and I had my ways, but what God brought about was better."  This morning, I was walking out to the car, and I suspected I saw someone in the hotel that I ought to say hello to. Later I learned that who I saw was not the person I suspected. Glad i didn't waste my time!
This evening I had two possibilities of spending dinner with friends, both of which fell through. But then I got a text from the guy I met last week in the hotel, and he invited me out to dinner with him. I learned a lot about my new connection, who is a distinguished long term asset of a large national airline. We shared airplane stories for hours and had a nice dinner at Jason's Deli. Turns out, this guy was one of the latest instructors of Jeff Skiles, before Skiles copiloted US Air flight 1549, the "Miracle on the Hudson."
Lunch at Bombardier was delicious: fajitas and all the fixins. Happy Cinco de Mayo.
I did a better job debriefing myself from today's simulator session. It was quite necessary because I got a lot thrown at me today: rejected takeoff, low oil pressure, engine failure in flight, single engine go-around, aileron control jam, engine fire, and circle to land. I've been performing at par, especially since I go second after being SIC for my classmate. It helps getting to put a lot of time in reflection after these training sessions, especially when I ask the questions "what did we do? What could I have done better? What will work better next time?"
As with any craft, it's simple in principle; but one must add layers upon layers of complexity until it transcends the complex and becomes a thing of beauty. I tell you what- it is a lot of hard work, but it's fruitful. The way I see it, I am positioned by God here to train up for His work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home