Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Monday, November 28, 2005

Pure moodiness

Days like this should go without telling. But i'm gonna tell it anyway. Got up 'later', as in 6:15 because the weather was bad, and no flying could get done. Spent my quiet time talking to God and listening to His commentary to me on Luke 10:42. It's good to know that the first thing i do in the morning is, in our Father's eyes, "the good part" of the day. Got off on a great start. Determined to sieze the day, and be as productive as possible so i can linger calmly near my bed as i wind down from the busyness and trials, as an exemplary friend does. Finished my little booklet i made containing directions for the three pipeline routes, cleaned and organized the garage, labeled the eighteen (you betcha-eighteen!) light switches one can see from the living room; put air in my tires to make 'em perfect; fixed the splashguard on the front left wheel well; cleaned the kitchen, folded laundry, organized dad's desk, helped Rosanna print out homework, and make an important phone call. Of that person i inquired of moods that he/she might float in and out of each day. To which he/she replied, that happens only over a week. To which i now reply and conclude that I must be somewhat lacking in the stability department. Hence the water falling down mostly deserted channels.
No matter how i am as a unique human being, i will bear in my heart that "The Lord is my shepherd...surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and i will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
I'm greatly challenged by Warren's book. read of the importance of knowing one's intrinsic value and living with authenticity. very important qualities to bring into a relationship.
i read parts of this book to which i smile "that's me! I'm ready!" then others to which i pause in near despair; "when am i ever gonna reach that ideal?" Dear me. more moodiness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elmo said...

Engagements?
Jonathan, of all people, you should know that I'm not engaged.


:)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Elmo said...

While I was certianly not privy to the 'water falling down mostly deserted channels' comment, it left me with great imagery. Hmmmm....
The question I now ask myself is WHY, oh WHY IS JONATHAN LABELING LIGHT SWITCHES!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Honestly, don't you know which switches control which circuits?

I have a certain look on my face (in my mind's eye) right now.

I have more thoughts, but they belong not to a blog.

New word of the day: ovhva.
Ovhva: a food made from chicken eggs, indigenous to the south of Greece.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home