Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Monday, September 10, 2007

A Psalm


Great is the Lord, and all praise be given to Him.
Holy and awesome is he within the tabernacle of my heart!
He divides me from my sorrows.
He deflects from me perils and strifes.

All the day I praise Him for his marvelous works!
Through praise come the best of my creature comforts
Trouble and anguish lurk in wait for my praises to end.
But when my mind breathes praise, there is clarity and beauty.

He solaces me when I sacrifice my worries in exchange for praise.
When i am overwhelmed, His deliverance is a thankful word away.
I expect for myself to feel only a grateful and content heart.
Incomparable is He: praise His name!

His name means peace: I praise Him for comfort
His name means Provider: I praise Him for blessings
His name means Savior: I praise him for redemption
His name means Healer: I praise Him for wholeness and protection
His name means King: I praise Him for His sovereignty

To none else I give such high praise - I am wired bless His name!
There is no fear to those who praise Him.
Surely the dross of life and heart will fall away when i praise.
Great nearness I feel to Him when i praise Him.

Known and beloved am I among others who praise the Name of the Lord
The weak shall be strengthened, the crooked made straight, in praise.
Sure and fulfilling rest He gives to those who praise Him.
Right thoughts have I when I rejoice in the works of the Lord

I am near unto them whose hearts are grateful unto God.
Steady and strong are they who praise the Lord.
Praise Him for all things!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Tack Family said...

"But when my mind breathes praise, there is clarity and beauty."
that was great. I thought this was a real psalm the first time I read it :)

you're so full of surprises. I'm so proud of you!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home