Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Letter

I bet you all were just itching to know what was in that letter i wrote to Daisy, werntcha? Before that, though, a few replies to my favorite commentator:
The quote was in French. A genius mathemetician, d'Alembert, said it.
Right, we do 'vent' nowadays to prevent a further knawing of an unpleasant feeling.
To an extent, i feel as if i mildly slandered Daisy in "Flight Instructor, Mother, Punching Bag." No matter what i did by my words, i know that i was not being constructive. So I regret my not acting out of love during that particular 'venting' moment.

Daisy,
I know that nothing Anthony or Dwayne or I can say will speak the words you need to hear most right now. We can all try out best to "speak a word in season to him that is weary" (Isaiah 50:4). For the real sufficiency of grace to meet you, well will ask God through prayer and trust Him to touch and minister to your heart. Daisy, you are a precious woman. God finds a place to shine his light through you. Few compare to your thoughtfulness, kindness, generosity and, as evident tonight, your compassion. I have not seen such emotional agony for the sake of another person as you bear today. You care SO much. I would be privileged to have you for a second sister. But I'm so glad just that you're my friend. Psalm 34:18 reads, "The Lord is near to them that have a broken heart, and saveth such as are of a contrite spirit." I claim before God that verse for you tonight, and pray that He will just surround you and comfort you like a warm blanket. Your being here helps us to deal with this, too. We guys couldnt' have poured the necessary sympathy in response to this misfortune. It could have happened another day. Without you here. We needed you. He needed you. What an abundant mercy is your presence today.
Anthony is a wonderful guy. I like him alot. He will be able to support you through this; his is a strong shoulder to cry on and a tender heart from which to speak encouraging words. Peace be with you, and God's blessings be on you.


1 Comments:

Blogger Elmo said...

Wow.

I didn't really care about the content of the letter.
But the previous entry was... wow. No short, one-liner can be adequate, so I will just leave it at 'wow'.

Sigh. These are strange times.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home