Name:
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia, United States

Monday, September 05, 2005

Resolution

I've appreciated how Anthony's qualities have unfolded before my eyes. How could Daisy have been missing this-him-for so long? How did she not leap at the chance to be Anthony's sweetheart much earlier? I know how that he and Daisy both have walked uprightly and diligently since childhood, for one sees clearly the peaceable fruit of their righteous lives and that God's blessings are flowing to them abundantly. It is now that they are charmed by each other, and it is beautiful to me. Theirs is a love story written by God! I want them to be together. One regret I have now is that of starting a wonderful book at the bookstore and not having opportunity to read the rest of it. I wish I could, as it were, read the upcoming chapters of this one romance.
I sleep at Anthony's house tonight. He and his brother-in-law built this by themselves, and it is impressive. He treats me well, as a prized guest. His thoughts I wish I could hear, for me, his former competition is his guest now, and I would understand if the kindness were forced. But that must not be the case, for I cannot detect anything from his behavior that suggests that he holds that against me. In fact, I feel sincerely liked by him. He still talks about how much he enjoyed our flight yesterday. He was all smiles on Sunday when telling Daisy of his experience.
In his bathroom, he has a neat book entitled "God Said It; Don't Sweat It." The chapter "Live clean, innocent lives" spoke to me directly concerning my "mind games" and situation-manipulation (e.g., 9-2 entry) and resistance to just play life as it comes. On his sink was a fancy framed rendition of the Psalm 118 verse, "This is the day that the Lord has made: I will be glad and rejoice in it." Then my eyes fell on a folded letter with Daisy's handwriting on it. I succumbed to the impulse to take just a peek of it. I lifted up on the inner fold and saw "I'm writing this letter to tell you that I am thinking about you."
They're hooked. They're great for each other. And I'm happy about it. By God's grace I have arrived that this resolution tonight.
--
I have a new word to describe Alaska: Wonderland. The Wrangells - Mount Sanford, Mount Drum, Mount Wrangell - reach high in the drifting clouds, while the green flatland all around them is, it seems, bowed low in reverence of their splendor.
Alaska is adventure, romance, beauty. A place my heart is affected to call home.
Alaska is a wonderland. I am spoiled, and I'm loving it.
Thank You, Lord, that through your love for me you have brought me all this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home